What are the differences between IJMB and JUPEB?
This post is designed to answer the questions of the difference and similarities between the popular advanced level programmes IJMB and JUPEB. Here are the things you need to know about the two programmes before you outline their differences.
What is the meaning of IJMB?
IJMB simply means Interim Joints Matriculation Board. The IJMB programme was established by the The Interim Common Services Agency (ICSA) in 1976 under statute 5 of the Ahmadu Bello University Law, to run the Interim Joint Matriculation Board Examination (IJMBE) as an alternative ‘A’ level Examination to student or candidate who may wish to seek for under graduate admission into Ahmadu Bello University and other University.
What is the meaning of JUPEB?
The meaning of JUPEB is Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board
JUPEB is a national examinations body approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria in December 2013. It was formally established in April 2014 by a consortium of ten (10) partnering universities led by the University of Lagos.
SIMILARITIES BETWEEN IJMB AND JUPEB.
- Both IJMB and JUPEB are ACCREDITED by the Nigerian University Council as advanced level programmes for direct entry admission into 200 level.
- Both programmes are run within one year academic calendar (between 9-12 months).
- Both JUPEB and IJMB offers you admission into 200 level of any department in Nigerian universities.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN IJMB AND JUPEB.
IJMB VS JUPEB
- Moderation: IJMB is under the control of the Ahmadu Bello University while JUPEB is being moderated by the University of Lagos.
- Fees: IJMB fees is far cheaper than JUPEB. the cost of studying for IJMB anywhere in Nigeria is between N70,000 in public centers and N180,000 in some private institutions, while the cost for JUPEB ranges between N280,000 and N450,000 in any JUPEB affiliated institutions. Also, application form for IJMB is less than N7,000 while JUPEB is upto N25,000 .
- POPULARITY: In terms of popularity, IJMB is a well known programme all over Nigeria, it has been in existence since the year 1976 and so many notable Nigerians did IJMB during their undergraduate days. JUPEB on the other hand is a newly introduced programme of less than 5 years as at the time of writing this report, although it is experiencing a rapid growth all over the country.
- EXAMINATIONS: IJMB exams are conducted every February while JUPEB is done by MAY.
- Acceptability: IJMB is accepted in all universities in Nigeria except: OAU and UNILAG and few JUPEB universities . JUPEB is accepted in all JUPEB affiliated universities (check them here) you may refer to the JUPEB official website for updates on this. www.jupeb.edu.ng
What you should consider before registering for any of the above programmes.
- FINANCIAL CAPABILITIES
- THE INSTITUTION YOU WANT TO GO AFTER THE PROGRAMME
- YOUR LOCATION.
Do you have any information concerning this post? please add it via the comment box below. thank you.